The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] 1973 SS

Greetings all, Just had to write about a classic momment I just had.
My wife and I went to visit a friend of my 17 YO daughters this Memorial day.
When we pulled into the yard in the Louisiania country side just outside of
Fort Polk (my duty station) There in the back yard was a 1973 28' Silver
Streak Continental Deluxe Rocket. It has weeds growing out from under it,
rusty LP tanks and dry rotted tires. Other then that there are no noticiable
dents or dammage marks on the outside and the inside, well it is like steping
back in time. The owners are actually the neighbors and they say the thing has
not been moved in 18 years. I told them I wanted to make an offer and they said
they had never thought of selling it and would just give it to me if I just took
it away!!!!  I am home to pack up my compressor to air up the tires and bring
her home. I will post pics soon.      Its a wonderfull life!!!   I have a
concience so I am stoping by the ATM to withdraw a few hundred to give t!
 hese kind folks.