The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] gas valves

There should not be any gas going out of the disconnected hose if you have it
switched over to the full tank. The system is suppose to work so that you can
disconnect your empty tank and take it in to be filled while the other tank keeps
the frig, furnace, and everything else running. Check to make sure the system is
plummed right, then make sure it was turned over to the tank that was full. It
will allow gas from the full tank when it is turned to the empty tank so that
your frig keeps running. Good luck.

I replaced the regulator thingie because the selector (between two tanks) was
stiff, and it leaked out of the unhooked hose when I had one tank off. Using one
tank at the house.

So I am getting it prepped for a trip and turned on the gas. The new regulator
leaks out of the un-attached hose. Does that lever/selector not do anything? Do
they all do that? Need to have both tanks attached?