The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Toilet seals

Has anyone experience with the toilet that has no seals? Ours has a cup
under the outlet that is filled with water from the last flush. When
flushed, the cup swings back, allowing the bowl to dump. It will not
overfill, as extra water just spills over the edge of the cup.
I can see that if the trailer was parked for a long time the water in
the cup would evaporate, but as we empty and wash out the BW tank and
leave the dump valve open when stored, there is little odor.
Even if the water in the cup froze, its shape will allow the water to
expand without breaking anything.
So far we have had good experience; just wondered if anyone has long
time experience with this type of toilet.

Al