The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] rotten floors, this weekend's progress

We met with our friend the flooring expert who's been
doing floors for 50 yrs or more.

He said not to lay metal over all, but suggested
screwing down a thin sheet of metal over the one
bouncy joint and then screwing/gluing 3/8" plywood
over it all. He said we can lay the plywood right over
the existing tile down the hall too.

He said that he's seen screws holding a large sheet
work up through the vinyl. Also that the metal
heating/cooling tends to mess up the adhesive over
time.

He also recommended using sheet vinyl as the tiles
will always pop up eventually.  He remembers laying
vinyl flooring in the 60s... and the 50s too...

Meanwhile we decided the refrigerator is just too
messed up and are going to replace that too.

One dinette cushion is done, the other three in
progress!

Our goal is July 4th weekend!

Julie
'64 Sabre