The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Catch holding the Big and little doors open?

Does anyone have a photo of the original catches to
hold both the main door and the little "door within
the door" open? We are missing both hold backs.

Today the trailer is going into a local trailer shop
that specializes in older RVs to get a full once over
and an estimate for all the things we'd rather pay a
professional to do. Supposedly the place is
reasonable. If they are reasonable enough, we'll have
them fix the soft spots in the floor too!

Fixing the floor will be a pain. We probably will have
to remove the whole refrigerator side cabinet. If we
have to do that, we may just replace the little stinky
fridge. It has a very cute turquoise door, but is very
small and has some broken shelves. We don't know if it
works on propane yet.

I have gotten most of the wood throughout either
refurbished with the Watco refurbisher (some of the
wood is fine), or sanded and re-oiled. Its looking
very nice, except for some old water stains at the
bases of a few of the cabinets and one piece of wood
that needs to be replaced. Luckily that one piece is
in a very inconspicuous spot. I will be trying a boat
store to find some wood bleach. The local home depot
doesn't carry it any more. It may not be available in
California soon, so I will stock up when I find some.
Worse case, we have friends in AZ.

Julie
1964 23' Sabre in San Diego