The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Holding tanks for SS

I'm still chugging away at my 1958 Silver Steak Clipper. The Fresh water
system is in with a 42 gal tank.  Now i'm working on the holding tanks systems.
I'm putting a grey tank between the frame members in the back with a pass
through connecter and valve going below the frame into a black water tank that will
fit right below the toilet; then out through a 3 inch valve for draining.  In
order to fit everything and feel confortable i've reversed the springs on the
axles which has given me about 5 inches more clearance; wor what a
difference.  Everything is beginning to come together nicely.

O'by the way i found a site for purchasing the 14 1/2 inch rims for these
babies.  anyone interested can contact me.  I bought one for mounting a spare and
another one to carry just in case i do something stupid... and ding a
rim......

I do have some original stuff available from by reconstruction if anyone is
interested:  an original stove, inside cabinet doors, a toilet, etc.

best regards, jim  (msc06usnret@aol.com)