The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re: Discrimination against old RVs, large families, etc.

I suppose this is a personal choice for individual campers...I typically
like to be unattended and left alone.  Most state parks do not care how old  your
RV is and never charge for additional people.  They usually have  a limit to
persons who can camp per site or at least this is the case for  Colorado and
Texas state parks that I have used for many years.  I tend to  avoid commercial
parks because camping to and travel should be to get away from  stress...not
be be put through the ringer once you arrive and want to set  up and rest!
That is why I plan my trips by calendar and call ahead and  always take my
reservation confirmations received in e-mail. It reduces much  confusion.