The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #214

There are several CG on or near the beach at Galveston. The one that  comes
to mind immediately, is at the West end of Seawall Bld., just after the  condos
that are the first buildings on the south side (sea side) of  the road. I
think it is called 'Del something' ? The Galveston State Park is on  the sea too,
but there is a big berm there, and you can't see the sea from  campsites
unless you go to a site at the west end of the park.
We preferred to stay at the one on the Intercoastal Waterway, and away from
the salty, sandy spray, and noise of the crashing waves. We would get a
waterfront site, and watch the paddle wheelers, ferries and other boats,  and we
could fish there.
My memory is getting old, someone from Galveston needs to step up with some
names of these or other places !!
Hope you have a very happy and safe trip.