The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] 1977 silver streak

Hi everyone!

We are considering selling our 1977 33 foot Continental Supreme Luxury Liner.

We are considering selling it only because we are looking into getting a large
fifth wheel. We are not interested in giving it away, nor are we looking to
make a killing. All fair and honest offers will be condsidered. We will be
taking pictures later this week when Hubby has time and can make the website
site for it. Please email any inquires or offers to me at dochk@cybermesa.

We have a lot of documentation and receipts for just about everything since
the trailer was originally purchased. We have had it for about 3 years. We
have clear title and yes, it is licensed. AND we have the manual and YES we
have the combination to the built in safe.

Not smoked in since we had it and it did not have a smoke smell when we got
it. There have been dogs in there....we travel with two small dogs.

It is in very good condition for its age. We have taken excellent care of it
and have no problems with towing it. This unit sold for over $40,000 when new.
We have pulled it all the way up to Idaho with no problems and on many shorter
trips. Trailer is located in New Mexico.

Has electric jack, wired for cable and phone, crank up TV antena, hidden floor
safe, very large rear bathroom, stainless steel  sink in kitchen, custom oak
interior, super insulated, lots of storage, travel rock guard window covers on
the front windows, 6 scissor jacks for stability. Has twin beds (and you can
have the 4 sheets of sheets and the quilts).

NEW Since we bought it

Air conditioner ($800 installed) Carrier AirV with wave cooling and cold
concentrator setting (used two or three times since new)

Hi profile Thetford toilet

Single handle bathroom faucet

Almond sink in bathroom

Top of the line futon (memory foam)..full bed size..priced at almost $1000.
Southwestern type of heavy duty cover on it. This is in the front room under
the large window. The unit has extra long twin size beds.

Accumulator for water

On demand water pump

2 propane tanks with safety valves

By pass winterizing system

Thumb control hand held shower head

Bearings repacked

Bedspreads for twin beds ( you get all the sheets, pillowcases and the
bedspreads)

Extra heavy duty drag wheels (we had the plate they attach to professionally
welded on)

New in last 4-5 years:

Floor

Flooring ( all vinyl)

Curtains (silver grey custom made-need a few carriers sewn on and we will
provide the carriers)

Stainless steel water tank

Refrigerator

Water heater

Fresh air turbo vents

Deep Cycle dual batteries

Battery Boxes

TV antenna

Patio and window awnings-they are in excellent condition

Tires ( and there is a spare as well that I believe is brand new)

Protective tire covers

Has electric jack, wired for cable and phone, crank up TV antena, hidden floor
safe, huge rear bathroom, stainless steel  sink in kitchen, custom oak
interior, super insulated, lots of storage, travel rock guard window covers on
the front windows, 6 scissor jacks for stability. Has twin beds (and you can
have the 4 sheets of sheets and the quilts).

All the tow bars, stabilizer bars, etc. come with it.

Trailer is in very good condition.

Everything works except for:

1) the 8 track player may or may not work...we do not have any 8 tracks to
test it out

2) Water filtration system- we can not figure out how it works even with the
manual and we don't think the filters are available anymore

3 )Vacuum system works perfectly mechanically, but the hose is torn and
collection head died ( can not get bags for it anymore anyway) and the head
and hose would need to be replaced. We just use a little stick vac we keep in
the closet. Since the floors are all vinyl..this works great.

4) There is one hairline crack on the formica in the bathroom and kitchen.

5) It is missing the bathtub sliding opening door. It was cracked when we
bought it and we removed it and just replaced it with a shower rod and
curtain. I believe you can purchase a new door if you wanted one.

6) The pocket door between the bedroom and bathroom kept coming off of the
track. We do have the door and you can have it if you want it. Right now there
is a floor length curtain on a curtain rod. Cute curtain ( I made it so of
course I think it is cute)..it is the little Nash pulling the large silver
travel trailer. Also has a heavy terry cloth curtain for colder weather.

7) The heater works intermittently. We use a small plug in oil filled radiator
and it keeps the trailer warm just fine. We never dry camp so this has not
been a problem. We figured we'd use the RV park's electricity rather then our
propane.

The woodwork is in very good condition and there are no soft spots on the
floor and it does not leak anywhere. We were in the rainstorms in Phoenix in
January and we were dry as a bone!  Woodwork is a dark oak, I would say. LOTS
of Storage space...in fact, we have never filled it all up.

We also have some spare parts ie:  sliders for the drawers. We also have two
new spare twist valves for the grey and black water.  We have put about $4500
into the trailer since we bought it. All the installations have been done by
professionals. We have only done some of the minor cosmetic work ourselves.
So, if you are interested, make an offer. As you can tell, this unit will need
little, if any, work on it. If you are looking to buy real cheap and then put
in sweat equity, then this is NOT the one for you. If you are looking for one
to hook up and off you go and that you can redecorate because you want to (but
don't need to), you have found the perfect one.

Body is in good shape as well. There are some dings here and there, but
nothing major. Since it is a 1977, the original gold color oxidized away and
we have repainted it. Not exactly the right color, but good enough that the
old girl can hold her head up proudly.The aluminum siding look just like every
older SS we have seen.

I would be glad to answer any questions that you might have...my email is
dochk@cybermesa.com.

THANKS!  Harriet