The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] name plates

Hi Amy, i have a 1958 Silver Streak Clipper and my metal was all ok so  can't
help you there.  They did however still have specks of the original
"Corvette Red" and "T-Bird Turquois".  I was stumped but started with the  Ford dealer
looking for 1950s touch up paint.  They referred me to a  specialty paint
shop.  I bought a very small can of "Sign Painters' 1-SHOT  Paint Lettering
Enamel" 104-L BRIGHT RED and 149-L Aqua. An absolute perfect  match with paint that
is made for the harshest of outside weather.  Its  been on over a year so far
and still looks like i just painted them.  Hope  that this helps -& i have
enough paint for 40 more trailer signs.....   jim -)