The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Need advice on removing potty and shower from 72 SS

  Michelle,

 PVC pipes and connections are glued together. There is no way I know of to
get them apart. You can cut the pipe with a hack saw or similar saw. I have a
handle that holds a hacksaw blade by one end for tight places.

 Another good saw for this would be a saws all. These beauties are a large
reciprocating saw and a variety of blades are available to use with them from
wood to steel cutting. They make short order of tough jobs. They are not cheap
if purchasing new at the store, but if you have a number of things to be done,
the price is well worth the sore muscles and time/headaches you will save. You
may want to look at the local Lowes or Home Depot to see what it is, then
check around the local pawn shops for used one. I have found some great deals
at pawn shops, but be armed with the retail price so you don't pay too much
for a used item.

 Another place to find deals is on eBay. There are a lot of great finds there
as well. Again know the retail price before looking and bidding.

Hope some of this will help.

Bill