The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Need advice on removing potty and shower from 72 SS

The "deconstruction" project is proceeding well and we have really opened up the
rear of the trailer.  It's nice and light in there now and I'll post more pictures soon.

We are at the point of removing the potty tank and the tub/shower.   The potty tank
is a blackwater tank that doesn't drain through the outlet unless the valve handle
is pulled outside.  The tub/shower drain is graywater and goes out through the outlet,
there is no separate graywater tank.  (By "outlet" I mean the thing you hook the drain
tube to on the outside.)  My questions are:

1) I can't figure out how to disconnect the drain valve from the potty tank, so the
potty tank can be pulled upward and taken out.

2) What do I need to know to disconnect the drainpipe from the tub/shower so I can take
it out?  There is an access panel on the bottom of the trailer.

3) How does the drainpipe from the tub/shower connect to the outlet?  As far as I can see
from the outside, the outlet is a Y outlet, one branch goes up front to the kitchen sink
and the other seems to be the branch to the blackwater tank.

If you've gotten into these types of repairs before and have any advice I'd really
appreciate it!

Michelle