The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] '78 SS questions

Hello all and HELP!

I live in Tokyo and bought a '78 31 foot(?) SS not too long ago and am
going to attempt a trip with it soon.  I will fly home and meet my
parents to go to baja, etc.

They have been trying to get it ready and ran into a few
problems/mysteries.

1)  (and I think there was some discussion of this recently) There are
two toggle on/off switches near the sink, one with a red light that my
folks can't figure out what they are for?  Neither do anything that they
can tell and the red light does not come on.

2)  All the interior lights worked at first, then my father took the
trailer to get propane and when he got back all the lights in the
kitchen and bath were out?  He says he can't seem to find out why???

3)  There is a black wire hanging off the furnace w/o a little washer
crimped on to it like the other wires, that he can't figure out what it
goes to??

4)  I thk I've heard on the list that there are no operators manuals in
existance.  Is that so?  I printed out the brochures and elec. diag.
form Tom's great site, but they don't help with how tos and how it works.

Thanks in advance to anyone with any help.

Jeff Fryckman