VACList DigestVACList-Digest       Friday, September 27, 2002      Issue 438

Today's Topics:

        1. Re: Flooring websites
        2. Re: aluminum tank???
        3. Re: Belly Pan Repair Methods
        4. Re: aluminum tank???
        5. removing rear lights for polishing, repair
        6. Re: Alum Propane tanks
        7. Clekos and Belly Pan Repair Methods
        8. Re: Stripping vinyl off '74 walls
        9. LP Tanks
       10. Re: LP Tanks
       11. Re: aluminum tank???
       12. Re: aluminum tank???
       13. Re: LP Tanks
       14. Re: Alum Propane tanks
       15. Re: Alum Propane tanks
       16. Re:
       17. Help for a New Airstreame Owner
       18. Re: LP Tanks
       19. Tow Vehicle - for Airstream
       20. Re: LP Tanks
       21. Re: Tow Vehicle - for Airstream
       22. Re: Tow Vehicle - for Airstream
       23. Re:

Message Number: 1
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:09:17 -0600
From: "Terry O'Neill" <woodfloor@xxxxxxxxxx.ca>
Subject: Re: Flooring websites

Hi Nick
If you are looking for vinyl your best bet would probably be buying it
locally. Any flooring store or large building center should have a wide
range of samples to view. An Airstream will not take to much material so
cost should be minimal.

If installing yourself pick a vinyl that is not too stiff and brittle.
Install it on a warm day or with heat on to make it more flexible. Make sure
your subfloor is prepared very well because vinyl will "telegraph" any
imperfections through to the surface.

Armstrong have a DIY kit to help you install your own vinyl floor. If you
make a mistake when you cut they will replace it free. Details on
installation are on their web site:
http://www.armstrong.com/ressheetna/vs_installation1.jsp
I agree with their recommendation to make a paper template 1st. (especially
in a trailer).

If you have any seams be sure to get a seam sealer to fuse the wear layer
and prevent lifting and black seams later.

Good Luck
Terry O'Neill
Former vinyl and carpet installer
Calgary