VACList DigestVACList-Digest       Thursday, June 27, 2002      Issue 347

Today's Topics:

        1. Electrical mystery
        2. Jascoe adhesive and sealer remover
        3. Re: Floor repair/replace question (floor heater)
        4. An electrical question
        5. Re: An electrical question
        6. Re: electrical mystery
        7. floor replacement
        8. Jack Replacement
        9. Re: An electrical question
       10. Re: An electrical question
       11. Re: An electrical question
       12. Water pump
       13. Deadbolt FUD?
       14. Re: 1960 bucket of bolts
       15. Re: Deadbolt FUD?
       16. Travels
       17. Argosy for sale
       18. Minnor Mystery Solved
       19. Re: Minnor Mystery Solved
       20. Re: Deadbolt FUD?

Message Number: 1
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:54:29 -0700
From: "Globetrotter64" <globetrotter64@xxxxxxxxxx.net>
Subject: Electrical mystery

We were rather surprised when we encoutered the same problem with our 1964
Globetrotter as you are now having.

If you have a 1964 manual you will see that the wiring diagram shows that it
is supposed to be 19 V AC to the water pump and roof vent fan and 12V AC to
the lights when operating on shore power. When you are on battery power
these circuits are 12 V DC.

If you do use your trailer on both AC and battery power, this would be a
good time to consider upgrading to a modern battery charger/power supply.
It is amazing how much electronics have changed since 1964!

If you don't have a manual you can download a 1964 wiring diagram in PDF
format from the link below.  From this same site I have links for
Intelipower and also an explanation of why we replaced our 1964 Univolt.
http://globetrotter64.home.att.net/sources.htm

Good luck and have fun!

Arlen & Shirley Manning Napa CA
1964 Globetrotter