Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:28:41 -0400
From: Terry Tyler <tylerbears@xxxxxxxxxx.net>
Subject: Re: Dinette Wanted

on 06/16/02 10:03 PM, yos@L3i.com wrote:

> Hi!  My name is Yosef, this is my first posting to the VAC list and I am
> very excited to have found it.  I Just bought my first Airstream, a 1967 20'
> Globetrotter. Looking for a dinette (that converts to a bed) to install in
> it.  Any ideas on where I can find one?

Hi Yosef,

Excellent post. It just so happens I have a lead you might track down. If
you haven't gone to Jim Dunmyer's website --

>http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer<

and viewed his pictures, you might want to do that. He built a dinette and
has pictures on the website. I'm sure he'd discuss them with you off list as
well as details of how he did it.

If you're a glutton for punishment, start calling the Airstream dealers
located around the continent. Use their 800#s and see what turns up. The
towing season is upon us and that means one thing to you, but it means
something else to tow truck operators who respond to accidents.

It won't be the first time a wrecked Airstream has been bought up by the
owner of a Vintage Airstream. Nor would it be the first time the owner
scavengered it and then sold it back to the junk yard.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@xxxxxxxxxx.net

Message Number: 2