Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 20:25:28 -0500
From: Dick and Kris Parins <dkparins@ez-net.com>
Subject: water system

Charlie wrote:
 Most systems these days have both a gravity fill (aluminum fill tube) and a
city
 water connection. The city water hooks in on the pressure side of the pump
which
 does not allow water to back flow through it. Early Airstream demand
systems
 and
 more and more newer coaches have a valve that can be used to bypass the
pump
 and
 allow city water to back flow into the tank

Thanks for the info Charlie, that is most helpful.  I still wonder about a
vent.  It seems to me that either way the system must have a vent to
eliminate the vacuum as the pump takes water out of the tank.  Is there some
kind of valve that lets air in but not bugs?  Will it also let air (and/or
water) out if a trailer is set up with the bypass instead of the fill tube?
I will probably use the original fill tube if I can fit it to a tank but I
would not want to leave the cap off to break the vacuum.  Obviously this
wasn't a problem with the air pump system.

Dick
'62 Bambi

Message Number: 2