Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:57:43 -0700
From: "My Airstream" <myairstream@xxxxxxxxxx.net>
Subject: Re: Awning ideas needed for a '67 Caravel

Hi Jim,
    A quick and funny little story.  About 10 years ago MTV asked me to
guide "The Real World" kids on my downhill bike tour to a special ending in
Hana, Maui.  I got half a dozen tents from Moss.  They were very large and
had quite a few guy ropes.  We ended up at camp in a torrential downpour and
I tried to get these spoiled brats to help put up the tents.  I told them to
be careful not to trip on the guy ropes.

Nobody helped at all and I was scrambling around in the mud erecting tents
and tripping over guy wires (on camera) while cast and crew chuckled.  It
turned out to be one of the most popular "Real World" episodes and Cruiser
Bob was the fall guy.  So I have this thing about guy ropes, especially big
long ones that would be needed to counterbalance a 14'x(8'-10') canopy.
Otherwise the system sounds terrific.
Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park