VACList DigestVACList-Digest       Saturday, May 25, 2002      Issue 314

Today's Topics:

        1. Aluminum Mystery
        2. Re: Dometic M16
        3. Re: Tire replacement worries
        4. Heads Down
        5. Re: Aluminum Mystery
        6. Re: Tire replacement worries
        7. Re: Heads Down
        8. Re: Heads Down
        9. Re: Heads Down
       10. Re: Heads Down
       11. Re: Heads Down
       12. '67 Safari for sale in Denver
       13. Tire replacement worries
       14. Re: Heads Down
       15. Re: Dometic M16

Message Number: 1
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 19:49:36 -0500
From: "Todd McDonald" <tod47d@xxxxxxxxxx.com>
Subject: Aluminum Mystery

Howdy Sirs and Madams,
   I just had the pleasure of temping for PSARA tech enviro-cleanup on a PCB
contaminated mine-reclamation site here in Bloomington, IN and there is a
School bus-sized ALUMINUM travel trailer that the former limestone quarry
owner used as a cabin/office.  The front windows are forward tilting, the
curbside door has a round sho-nuff portal, as does the rear, streetside back
bedroom door.  The back of the trailer looks like an olde-tyme city bus with
a D/A & arched upper sidewindows.  Did A/S ever experiment w/ a
travel-trailer, mobile-home  hybrid?!?  To my untrained eye ut looks
restorable, Subfloor intact, shell preety good.  BUT(and there's always a
butt, isn't there!?!)  It's near Kemp signs (who dosn't know who owns it,
maybe Criger co. they said) It appears to be on the land a new highway
connecting Bloomington and Elletsville is being built on so a county
councilman's brother or sister probably owns the land now. I don't have
digital photo stuff,yet. But hope my description will trigger significant
retrieval cues and maybe save an aluminum structure from immenent and
thoughtless destruction. Tryin' hard to avoid brain cancer (butt probably
not hard enuff) tod47d

Message Number: 2