VACList-Digest       Tuesday, April 30, 2002      Issue 289

Today's Topics:

        1. Another electrical question
        2. Airstream books and other novelty items
        3. Re: Another electrical question
        4. Refrigerator Repair
        5. Re: Another electrical question
        6. More  Generator Questions
        7. Re: More  Generator Questions
        8. Re: Another electrical question
        9. Re: More  Generator Questions
       10. Refrig Door Repair
       11. Re: Another electrical question
       12. Re: Refrig Door Repair
       13. Re: Another electrical question
       14. Re: Another electrical question
       15. Re: Refrig Door Repair
       16. 56 Airstream

Message Number: 1
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:18:01 -0400
From: Jerry Jarrell <jdjarrell@xxxxxxxxxx.net>
Subject: Another electrical question

Hey you electricians, I have another one to run by you. Insead of replacing
the outside outlet for shore power, what if I get a 30 amp line and run it
into the fuse box. There is room in the little compartment that the fuse box
is in to handle a 20' cord. I have only a 15 amp cord and outlet now and will
need the extra amps for a fridge and AC. This avenue would bypass buying a
$30-$40 outlet and a 30 amp shore power cord for $?
    I was advised to do this by a local RV shop but wanted some input from
those familiar with the Airstream.
Thanks.
Jerry
57 Overlander