[VAL] tail light wars

Hi folks,

I had a war with my left directional  on the '73, and dug into it from
the front and the back.. I ultimately realized that the problem was in
the connection to the umbilical in the front of the trailer, but now I
have made a mess of the tail light.  Should have looked for the problem
in the easy access places first........

I don't want to go to LED yet, need to engineer that so that I don't
lose my beloved fiberoptic indicator.

I have replaced the ruined dual contact index base bayonet socket with a
very inferior one, but I really want a nice brass one with some quality .

Does anyone know where I can find one ? I have been beating the bushes
of the web, and can only find more cheap metal ones.

Even better, has anyone found a new light can to replace the whole thing
?  Since it has a hole in the back for the fiberoptics, I'm guessing it
was never a stock item on say a Ford truck.

Daisy