[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #801 ( Bargman 99 and others)

I think that part of the problem is that suppliers are afraid to do
the lenses and lamp holders up right, for they won't go bankrupt on
our behalf...
It's expensive to make quality parts in very small numbers. Very
expensive. Insanely expensive.
Do we want to pay $ 300 or more for a early 50's rectangular tail
light? I am guessing it would probably take that amount to be able to
press a run of a hundred or so, and still make a small profit.
If we were willing to do that, then I bet suppliers would jump to it
and start the process...
But usually we're not. Everybody is looking for a deal, especially
lately with the economy being a huge challenge.
Just my 5c, or maybe 2c.
remember, you get what you pay for, in most instances.

Uwe Salwender
salwender@sbcglobal.net