[VAL] light switches

 -----Original Message-----
Hi again all,
I'm now looking for a ceiling light switch for my '77 airstream.  It is a

I had to redo 5 of these switches on my 1975 Sovereign. Very hard to find a 3
way switch rugged enough to take all those bulbs. So I took them out, major
problem is they use a brass rivet through a steel plate, corrosion  has made
for a poor connection, I cleaned the tops of the rivets, and on each plate,
soldered a wire from rivet to rivet. Still the issue of dirty contacts, and I
did open one switch and clean them, not a good idea.  Found it worked better to
rotate the switch many times and it will clean itself. If you need a knob, try a
local TV shop and see if they have one.

Jim in Pima
1975 Sovereign/ 2001 2500HD/Duramax