Re: [VAL] OSB floors

Colin,
Thank you for the time you took to write that! For me it was very well
written, easy to visualize and follow.

When you do a floor replacement, do you use a marine grade plywood or a
grade marked for exterior use? Then and now plywood, OSB, particle board,
and various laminates such as 1/8" birch can have glues that fall apart with
moisture of various levels, or be so water impervious they made boats with
it. Why aren't all of these products made with glues unaffected by water? I
am mystified by this.

I have whole floors to do. I have entire walls to cover with 1/8" birch. On
this and every other list the only constant I read is a complete and total
wanting for quality products. What can be used for these two needed
materials? Do you use 3/4"?

I have one rather perfect trailer that I simply want to cover the entire
inside with a beautiful 1/8" birch simply because I don't like the present
material color and the type material. Others need repair. I read where big
box store materials laminates are falling apart before affixed, with just
handling. I read where when finishing, the under lament glues are so poor
they are bleeding thru first layer finishing and the laminate is simply
peeling up during the process.

These are not cheap priced products. Aside from a trailer, I don't see where
these products would be useful even in climate controlled installations like
a home. What does a person do to find a useful product for wall coverings
and major floor replacement?

-Eddie-
Houston, TX