Re: [VAL] Elevator bolts

Material and labor saving measure regarding the bolts.  As for the OSB
rather than plywood, beginning in the '70's good quality consistent plywood
started to become a problem and OSB was very consistent and less expensive.
That subsequently has changed again.  A couple of unrelated issued as to why
A/S would use OSB.  OSB has no added bonding material, it is made using the
natural wood glue present in the tree.  The trees are allowed to dry down to
about 14% moisture, the lignin has not set yet, the tree is barked, chipped,
the chips oriented, spread and pressed under heat and pressure.  The
combination of heat and pressure sets the lignin.  Side benefit is no out
gassing of the nasties used to glue plywood.  Well made OSB is actually a
good product.  What I would like to see A/S use for floor would be some sort
of composite, an extension/imiprovment of the Al Foam floor used in the late
'70's in the Minuets.

Atb,
Royce