RE: [VAL] Small hole in the outside skin

> Yesterday, my son, while drilling with the hole saw, went through the
> outside skin and created a small hole. Any thoughts on what to use for a
> repair?
>
> Bill Kerfoot

Hi Bill,
As you can well imagine, we run into "issues" like this quite regularly (not
from our own workmanship fortunately) & try to make them "disappear" for our
clients as much as possible. I would suggest using an appropriately sized
stainless steel carriage bolt fitted through the larger of the holes that in
turn clamps a piece of aluminum to the backside of the skin. This will close
off the smaller cut just below as well. Make sure you have some vulkem
bonding the patch to the backside as well. This should polish up nicely &
never give you sealing or rust problems.
Colin Hyde
WBCCI, VAC 1936
VAC Technical Advisor
GSM Vehicles Inc. Plattsburgh, NY
www.thevap.com
Co-sponsor of the www.vintagetrailerjam.com

PS I haven't found a replacement mullion for your window yet.