Re: [VAL] Plumbing Water Heater

Eddie,

You guessed it. You have a winterizing by-pass for the hot water heater.
Very handy to have if you are anywhere where it gets and stays below
freezing during storage. It also eliminates a persistant antifreeze
smell/taste in the spring. As for using PEX at the hot water heater I would
think that it is OK. Several years back when my hot H2O tank was replaced
the paid "profossionals" used plastic lines.

Scott