Re: [VAL] Re: Local treasures

Hey Scott,

Yeah, 50 or 51 FC, out of all the trailers shown in those pics this is the
most valuable!

It's hard to tell from the pic, but that particular shell might be worth
close to $4k to someone who knows what it is! With or without the guts, its
from the lean years in Airstream production and there are virtually less than
a handful available for rebuilding. Most of the trailers built during this
period were Tube-frame and have not withstood the test of time. So finding one
saved from the scrapheap is a real anomaly.

If I didn't have a barn full of stuff now, I would make the effort to get more
pics and see if it was worth the trip from NH. The last trip I made to the
southwest was in 03 and I took home the oldest postwar trailer known to exist,
one of the first 20 off the line at the Metropolitan Airport factory in LA. Its
a 47 22' Liner. Its rough and waiting its turn behind two other trailers I have
in various stages of refurbishment.

Hope someone gets this and puts it back on the road!

WAM