Re: [VAL] Old/New Member with Vintage <mumble>

Hi Hunter,
Me too, really, really nice looking trailer. Mine is a 26' Vagabond tandem
axle 1948 and my interior is super excellent including all the original
mirrors, lighting, etc., but yours has the bathroom and mine does not. My
exterior skin is all bright aluminum. It's factory paint is two tone light
green upper and top with a beige putty color on the sides. All is so aged as
to a almost powder that reveals a smooth bright aluminum beneath. Is yours
aluminum also? Mine came with a huge striped pull-rope awning, poles, ground
pegs, and slip ropes. There are also some matching slip-covers that appear
to go over the windows when fully open. There is also a complete set of
aluminum framed glass windows that appear to be storm windows. I can't for
the life of me figure out how they might be installed or used. They somehow
want to fitter on the outside of each window as they seems to want to nest
in each, but there is nothing for them to attach to. There is an old manual
brake controller in it's original box. Instructions are to clamp it onto the
steering column. You grab the long handle and pull back. The more you pull
back, the more it applies electrical power to the brakes. Darn thing works!
Designed for 6 volts, you don't need to move it much to get lot's of
braking. The 6 volt brakes worked good on my trucks controller too, just had
to set the sensitivity to a very light setting.

I am missing both exterior door handle with key assemblies, and the one for
the large trunk too. If you ever hear of what truck or car would be the same
that was used I sure would like to know. Thank you for your picture.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX