Re: [VAL] Re: Awnings

John,

I would solve the problem by not rolling it up. I can think of only a couple
of times in the last 10 years that I would of even considered rolling ours
up. Usually if I take it down while still parked, it is because of an
inpending storm (or one that wakes me in the middle of the night!) In that
case I quickly loosen the ropes, let the poles fall pull the awning out of
the rail and put it in the back of my truck. However if you wanted to I
would just have some ties on hand to tie the loose ends together to keep
things looking as neat as possible and just let them flop down. Forgo the
bag all together except as a storage container while in the back of your
truck or in the garage over winter.

I have seen those canopy things used before. They have a nasty habit of
blowing away. Not sure but I think that one did some minor damage to a
trailer at an International a few years back even though it was tied and
staked down. Then it ended up breaking.

Scott