RE: [VAL] Propane Facts Found

Hey Pete!

Was a deep dig to find the site. Some of the info is not correct, such as
reflective paint requirement. When is the last time you saw machine gray as
a reflective? The other sites quote Railroad Commission Regs in Texas, other
state regs, some fed regs, some states who have yet to even adopt and put
into writing the opd valves, and regulations varying state to state. Some
states don't even want you to be able to HAVE OR USE PROPANE! California
even wants to ban the clean burning propane in all forklifts! Imagine that!

The only consistency was inconsistency. The end result will be the actual
place that fills your cylinder, the rules they follow, and in Houston, every
place quotes and follows inconsistent rules and practices. Lot of luck. Just
keep it pretty if aluminum and painted if steel. White, gray, or silver
color will always work, keep it cooler, but I have seen gloss black, a pink
one, yellow on phone company service units, a fire-engine gloss red, and a
shiny gloss pink pair on a vintage RV in Galveston with a MA tag, but then
MA, figures! I'm sure somebody has a MaryKay pink trailer out there with a
pink set of tanks on it.

I glad you now have something to do 5 or 12 years from now. At least you
have a plan and something to put on your calender. I will try to keep up.

-Eddie-