[VAL] Awning for 1963 Safari Twin

What kind of awning was original on this trailer? I gather, from a recent
Vintage Trailer supply advertisement, that only the pole and rope awning was
original. The "Standard Specifications" for 1963 include, "awning rail". The
listed additional equipment available with the more expensive International
Land Yacht series for 1963 does not include awning arms--whatever those are
called. Our 1963 Safari Twin has the awning rail (curbside) and two brackets
(obviously for attaching awning arms) near each end of the awning rail and one
bracket on the "banana peel?" molding at the lower edge of the body, with the
corresponding lower bracket for the other side missing. It is obvious that a
couple inches of the "banana peel" molding was cut away, left and right, for
installation of the lower arm brackets. Were awnings with arms available as
original equipment from Airstream in 1963?  I gather not, but am not certain.
Apart from the originality issue, any opinions on which style of awning is
preferable on this trailer? Does the awning with arms extend less that the 8
or 9 foot reach of the pole and rope awning, and does it angle down, rather
than extend straight-out like the pole and rope awning? Thanks for any
advice.