Re: [VAL] LP regulator help

> Harry, unless I am mistaken your 66 will have a fisher regulator, similiar
> looking to what you would find on a home with natural gas with the
> addition of a knob and a sight glass. Fisher still makes something
> similiar, but not identical. Most RV places will not carry this because of
> cost. The ones commonly found on RV's is a cheep thing that will last you
> for a few years at best. My original Fisher lasted 45 years without a
> problem. When it needed replacing I opted for quality over price. I did
> this hoping that by the time it needs replacing that I will have passed
> the trailer on to my son, who hopefully will be the 4th generation in my
> family to own this trailer.
>
> Scott

Hello Scott and the Dr.
Thanks for the reply to my VAC question about regulators.

Scott, I agree with you in regards to the quality of the Fisher....as a
matter of fact the valve that I have on my trailer is a Fisher. Trouble is ,
I purchased it as NOS on Ebay a couple of years back and I suspect it could
be 10 years or older and I was told that regulators that just sit on the
shelf could have bad rubber diaphragms. Any way I do wish to replace it with
another Fisher and as you have made comment, the RV stores deal in the cheap
units. Any idea of a retail location available perhaps on the web?  I would
also consider having this one repaired as it looks brand new but I have no
idea who may work on it.
Thanks again for your reply

Regards
Harry Truitt