[VAL] Re: Reefer Problems

Thanks for all the input on my '66 Caravel reefer problem. I cleaned
everything, including the burner assembly, and "burped" it per numerous
suggestions. After reinstalling it, it works "slightly" better but adjusting
the thermostat from midpoint to full-open doesn't seem to make any
difference. Based on input from T.J. Gillmore at RVMobile.com, I'm now
focused on the thermostat and the filter. I'll attempt to remove both and
check them out (when it cools down outside, that is). He actually thinks he
may have a replacement thermostat that may work for me, and I may order it
and try it if for no other reason than to eliminate it as the problem. Most
of the commercial gas refrigeration folks I contacted won't work on anything
40 years old and replacement parts and or entire cooling units aren't
available.  Thanks again to all.

Tony Seidel in 103-degree Sonora, CA