[VAL] Region 5 & 7 VAC Rally, Poplar Grove, IL

I have posted photos that I took Saturday afternoon and evening during
the Rally on my website at:

http://www.overlander64.us/index.html

This was a very unusual Rally in that it included three hobbies in one
local.  We were located at the Vintage Wings and Wheels Museum in Poplar
Grove, IL that is part of the Poplar Grove airport.  During the Rally,
participants were treated to tours of the hangars where the vintage
planes as well as some vintage automobiles were stored.  Participants
were also given the option of taking short flights aboard some of the
planes that were on display.  We were treated to Vintage airplanes flying
into and out of the airport throughout our stay -- The bi-planes were
truly a joy to watch. Saturday afternoon, we were also treated to the
sight of several Vintage automobiles from a nearby show that were taking
a "Starlight Cruise" of the area.  The wrap-up activity of the Rally was
a Rock-Paper-Scissors Contest.

Kevin Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime)/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban, 7400 VORTEC, 4.10
Differentials
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible, 8.2
Liter V8, 2.70 Final Drive