RE: [VAL] owner's manuals

Thanks for all of the input on the manuals.

Forrest: I've let my VAC membership lapse and have been meaning to sign up
again. A copy of the manual is good motivation.  Do you have the VAC official
link?

Steven: I read somewhere (perhaps on this listserve) that Airstream started
providing service manuals around 1969 or 1970.  Airstream does sell photocopies
of manuals, but they are also maketed by someone on ebay.  Those on ebay are
probably better reproductions.  I bought my service manual about 10 years ago
from someone that Airstream referred me to (I believe she was a former Airstream
Co. secretary).  It is a several-generation photo copy that is very difficult to
read in some sections.  Nevertheless, it was worth the $60 that I paid at the
time.

Tom Dolan,
Portland, OR
73 Land Yacht