[VAL] Hose carrier '77 - 31'

I started work on my dad's '77 airstream and found leaking and floor rot at
the rear.  I pulled up a previous floor repair and could see the ground
under the trailer.  Apparently the leak has been in place for a while as the
frame has holes in it and the belly pan has detached from the rear frame due
to corrosion.  I have the original service manual and it shows a hose
carrier which fits between the frame pieces and sits on the belly pan.  That
part does not exist on this trailer and frankly, I've never seen one in any
of my other airstreams.  Most of them just have the belly skin as the bottom
of the hose carrier area.  Is there really a hose carrier part?  What is is
made of?  Obviously I have to do floor repair, reseal the floor to the skin
and repair the frame.  If there is another container for the hoses and power
cable would it help to add it, or would it just be installed for
appearances?  Any help in this area is certainly appreciated!
TIA
Pete