Re: [VAL] 72 overlander "vista" window broken

Well I guess that depends on what you mean by easy.  As far as I know,
you can't actually buy replacement vista view windows. Some of the newer
Airstreams started using them again, but you'd have to ask a dealer if
you can buy them and what sizes they are. My guess is they wouldn't
match the curve of your '72.  And finding ones off a junked trailer is
nearly impossible, since they would probably be fogged or crusted up
with old age.

There are two techniques for repairing them, which are not easy.  If you
are game for this, I can put you on to someone who has done it, but
basically there are two roads.

Some years have an  aluminum interior ring that can be pried out,
releasing the inside pane of plastic.  You can then clean the remaining
glass and either replace the plastic or not, but you have to replace the
inner gasket to hold the glass in place.

If you don't have the removable ring ( and I can't remember the years
that don't) you have to break the inside pane of glass which usually
shatters all over the coach and must be treated with caution.  Then you
clean out the inside, but there is no way to replace the inner pane.
This looses the insulating effect of the double panes.

My '73 has kind of clouded and sort of yucky vista views, and I never
felt a great need to fix them. I figure the old girl is an antique and
she can have her wrinkles and age spots.

Let me know if you need more details,

Daisy (south of Houston in Dickinson, TX)