Re: [VAL] Polishing (again) but new. Really!

Study the Perfect Polish instructions at :

http://www.perfectpolish.com/Using%20the%20Compounding%20Polisher.htm

Of the polishes you have,  F7 is the most aggressive and is my favorite
to start with. If it doesn't work good I then graduate to a more
aggressive polish.  But the more aggressive polishes put more deeper
scratches in the AL which you will then have to spend time removing in
the cyclo stage. I used F7 to compound a 58 PAcer that never had been
polished so it has worked for me.

Three tips.
1. Use the polish sparingly.  Fingerprints spaced 4 inches apart. Too
much polish will lubicate the surface and not work right.

2. Use the slowest speed (500-1000 rpm) on your polisher. You said
sander but I hope it is a polisher . The label on the side should tell
you the RPMs. Slow is better. When the polish and the polisher work
right you will get bright metal in just a few seconds. The pull on the
polisher will almost throw you around when it works.

3. This should be the first tip .... ensure the trailer doe not have
clearcoat. Clearcoat severly impeds the polish process.  To check for it
put some tootpaste (not gel) on a white rag and rub for a minute or so
on the Airstream skin. It the rag goes black you do not have clearcoat.
If its white, then you are polishing on clearcoat.iF you have clearcoat
then you have to use a pint stripper to get it all off first.

Have fun!
 Herb