[VAL] Axles

Finally got my list back. My system was dumping val
digests into the bulk box. Of all the nerve.

I dropped my Airstream off at Youngs Trailers in
Amarillo for two new Dexter Axles. Am getting #10,
3500# with new electric brakes and ez lube hubs.

The price quoted was "around" $1000 for both,
installed. ($351 ea. for axles, 4-6 hours @ $50/hr
installation and shock bracket reweld) I always
approach such things with much trepidation. Supposed
to take about 2-3 weeks, depending on work flow and
when the jobber can get the axles to the mechanic.

The Lubbock Airstream Dealer quoted me a price of
$1000 each for Henshen axles, plus an extimated 6
hours of labor(at $85/hr) for the installation.

I will report back with results, if anyone is
interested.

cheers, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'