RE: [VAL] Brake bleeding

David,

Some of them had a bleeder inside the cover. If not, you'll have to bleed it
at the fitting. Either way get old towels, a large shallow pan, and if
bleeding the line put a piece of duct tap around the line to prevent runnage
down the line and all over everything. Since your in the truck anyway, just
light pedal pressure enough to purge the air is all you need, but don't let
up on that pedal without tightening the line or bleeder first, otherwise you
will instantly suck air back in the line. Brake fluid clean up is always
with soap and water, never any solvents. Wipe up and soap and water clean
any spillage on painted surfaces since brake fuid will remove paint and
cause rust.

You don't need all that excessive pressure and blow-squirting everywhere.
You are simply moving the air in the line if any, and the controller itself
has very little cavity for air that can be easily displaced if you let the
whole thing sorta "hang down" with the line end at the rear be sorta "up".
These were positive systems that really worked good.

- -Eddie-  (713)694-8084 24hrs or email, EddieHuffstetter@xxxxxxxxxx.com