[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #332

I have a 1977 31 ft. Soveriegn with center bath, It also has disc brakes.
I need to replace the pads on the brakes. Does anyone know what those disc
brakes were originally manufactured for.  I am assuming that Airstream used
components off the shelf that were manufactured for one of the Big Three
large sedans since they were the only vehicles that came with disc brakes in
that era.

  Secondly I would like to replace the fresh water hoses from my fresh water
tank to the pump. which is under the sink but I cannot figure out how to get
access to the water tank which is under the centre of the floor.  The unit has
been carpeted I think originally it had tiles. Do I need to pull up the carpet.
There is some type of a square recessed plate in the belly pan under the tank.
Is this the access to the tank or what.

  Would appreciate peoples thoughts, knowledge on this issue.

  Lastly I am looking for a 1991 or 1992 B-190 (nothing later, can not import
later models into Canada) Would appreciate getting a line on one for sale in the
mid-west as I am located about 30 miles south of Detroit.

  Tony Grange (WBCCI 4935)