[VAL] epoxy repair

> It seem complicated, but repairing the wood under the U-channel
> this way is
> relatively easy, and the main advantage is that the interior of the
> trailer
> is untouched except where cabinetry has to be removed. Maybe this
> technique
> will help some owners who can't face removing interior panels and/
> or belly
> skins to fix the floor.

Brian,

Way to go!!! I've use epoxy and had similar results, but you just
raised the
bar for me. Your idea of a stop collar is one I hadn't considered.

Thanks for a clear description of how you did the entire project. I
thoroughly support the idea of not disassembling the interior
cabinetry. No matter how careful I have been when I've disassembled
interior cabinets, I've never been able to reassembled them
"perfectly" the way they were.

Although sometimes, I think I've improved on the assembly. Yet other
times, my best effort is merely a close approximation. I'm my worst
pain in the butt when it comes to being a compulsive perfectionist.

Plus I hate removing the belly skin. It has been nearly impossible
(for me) to re-install it using the same holes, even using lockable
pliers to hold the adjacent sheets together and a bottle jack to hold
everything in what looked to be perfect alignment.

My worst re-installation of a belly pan was in Boise, Idaho on a dirt
floor barn with a chain hoist holding the rear of our Airstream off
the ground while a 105 degree wind was blowing through the barn and
my jump suit had sand inside the sleeves, plus my watch cap didn't
keep the blowing dirt out of my ears. One of the things I did right
was to have a full box of 500 rivets and three rivet guns so I
wouldn't have to fix one when it jammed.

I have put your post is in my "Savers" file. Each restoration I've
done (4 so far) has been completed - period dot finished - only for
as long as it took for me to think of something else I could have
"refined" or "improved upon.

No one is perfect - I can attest to that,

Terry

1963 22' Flying Cloud
1967 22' Safari
1989 32' Excella 1000