[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #307

Hi Colin,
Thanks, it was good meeting you also. We just returned a few days ago after
9,700 miles a tour with the 62' Safari. High points were Salem and the coast
of Oregon, the Redwoods, Crater Lake, Mt. St Helens, Glacier Nat. Park and
Waterton Park, Canada, and then we added on Devils Tower, Mt Rushmore and the
Badlands on the way back east. The trailer was trouble free and a great way
to tour all of the sites and experiences we were able to take in during the
journey. To anyone still working hard on their restoration and wondering if
there is a payoff at the end, I can honestly report that it is a great way to
get out and stay in places that otherwise would be too far or costly to
experience. We were surprized how many people were curious about the trailer
and very surprized by the Maine license plates. Guess Mainers don't get out
west too often. It was an excellent adventure in every way. Maybe we will see
you at the New England region meet or will you be heading south? If so, have
fun and see you at the next rally.
Sounds like RJ Dial cleared up the narrow trailer mystery. I don't think I
would have signed up for the China trip if they said I had to leave the trailer
there when I departed. At least not MY trailer.
Gary Campbell
Kittery Point, ME