RE: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #306

> I parked across the row from a guy at the Salem International Rally that had
> a narrow 80's model and claimed it was along with maybe fifty others was
> made for a trip to China. It had a very well laid out interior and twins in
> the middle. He was the second owner and was unsure weather his trailer had
> made the trip. His anyone else heard about these slender models?

Hey Gary, How's it going?
It was nice to meet you in Salem. I met an older gentleman at the Pageant of
Bands Rally in North Norwich NY last year that went on the China Caravan. He
said that all of the trailers were specially made for that trip & left there
when the Caravan was over. They were built on the narrower Argosy Minuet
chassis in order to meet Chinese rules & possibly for shipping. It is
possible that more of these trailers were produced than required for the
Caravan & then sold off through dealers. I believe these Caravans took place
in the mid 80's.
Colin Hyde
GSM Vehicles Inc
www.theVAP.com