Re: [VAL] Replacing an air conditioner

Dick (and Tim),

Be careful on the roof, if you elect to walk along the rivet lines, one
slip and you will do incredible major damage! I always supported my
weight on the scaffold referenced in the email I sent.

The drain reminder is excellent. Don't forget.

I didn't remove the aluminum flange around the old shroud (the piece
that is riveted to the roof), which is most of the rivets. It can be
carefully bent over, which improves the strength of the roof and really
can't be noticed from the ground if you put on any of the newer A/Cs. If
you leave the flange and the "plate", you'll reduce your chance of
creating new leaks (given that the current flange and plate aren't
leaking, of course).

Roger