[VAL] Replacing an air conditioner

I have a new Duo Therm Model 59146.331 heat pump/air conditioner that
I'd like to put on our '72 Trade Wind.  My question is, how much of a
job is this?  I'm 72.  Can I do this with help from one of our boys to
do the heavy lifting, or is this a job better left to my local
authorized Airstream dealer?

I don't want to get up on top of the aluminum and walk around, so I'll
have to rent or make some sort of scaffold to remove, clean and install
the new unit.  As far as I can tell, the unit up there now is the
original Armstrong air conditioner.  Are these things attached from
inside the coach?  Are the fasteners nuts and bolts, rivets or a
special type?

The cover that is up there now has an aluminum skirt around the bottom.
  From looking at it, it appears not to be riveted or bolted through the
roof.  Is this true, or am I going to have some holes to seal?

What other problems am I going to be faced with if I attempt this job
on my own?  Pictures available.

Dick & Rose Ann Harold
Noblesville, Indiana
1972 Airstream Trade Wind