[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #295 Painting Airstream Roofs

The painted is cooler. The factory has been installing a center white panel for the
last couple of years. I have not noticed if they are still doing it or not. There is
a fellow on the AirstreamForums that has painted the center section of his MoHo roof
white using Interlux boat paint. IIRC he posted some temperature results. I have an
Aluminum conex (storage/shipping container) I would get metal temps in the 160+ range,
after coating  the top of it with an elastomeric white roof coating the temps have not
exceeded 120 degrees. I checked them with a Ranger non contact IR handheld. I
eventually will do something with the center panel(s) of my Airstreams as I live in the
deep south and heat is my biggest problem. As far as value is concerned, if it is only
the center top panel and done well I don't think it should affect the value that much.
However if it is one of the very desirable 60's vintage shorter models it might. FWIW
both of mine are 31', 1975 and 1980.

Aaron