Re: [VAL] Painting the roof white

I talked to an engineer friend of mine that said that
a polished airstream will remain cooler than a painted
white one.  The thing is, he never had to polish an
airstream.

If I were going to paint part of an airstream white,
I'd use automotive grade paint.  I like House of
Kolor, primarily because it's one of the easiest to
find online, and less expensive than paints like PPG.

you could sand and prime, followed by straight white
and a clear coat, but I'd recommend an adhesion
promoter.

so sand, then adhesion promoter, primer, white (BC26)
and (UC35) clear.  you can tell I've thought about
this too - but keep in mind some of these products are
catalyzed paints, so wear the proper breathing
apparatus.

if you were thinking about using a rattle can, don't
do it - you'll be really disappointed when the paint
chalks up and starts to fall off in chips.

Toby