[VAL] Painting the roof white

Saw an airstream with the top half (just beneath the
windows) up painted an off white color. Looked kind of
like a half Argosy-half Airstream. Reminded me of the
conversation awhile back that the new AS come with the
center top panel painted white for reflection of
radiant heat.

Since it's hotter than heck here and most places we
plan to go in the summer, I have been thinking about
painting the center panel of the roof white on our ,69
Sovereign and wondered what kind of paint and what
kind of preparation and application would work best.

The silver window film that I ordered for the windows
came in today and I will be putting that on over the
next week or so. The inside the window reflectors that
I built didn't work out so well. Besides being a pain
to keep in place, they don't seem to offer much
cooling assist.

I am also considering putting some kind of insulation
blanket material on the walls inside the overhead
compartments.

I hate the heat! We plan on taking whatever measures
necessary to keep it cool in the summer. Warm in the
winter would be nice too, but I can always wear
heavier clothes or cover up with extra blankets.

Any suggestions,
thanks, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'